Monday, March 21, 2011
first day of spring. yes!
There is a lot of anticipation in spring- little beginnings happening everywhere.
I am also looking forward to Portland drying out a little in the next few days. 30% percent chance of rain means 70% chance of no rain! It's been a wet month. It's already the wettest March in 8 years so says the weather blog Jeff reads. Yikes!
We're staying busy. We've started more seeds in the greenhouse- rocky top lettuce, peas, asian greens and mustards. I also set up this fancy indoor system (it was given to me by a friend last season, so I am trying it out) for our nightshades- a variety of peppers and tomatoes. I leave the lights on during the day and turn them off at night. I've been watering them every two days. So far so good- nothing has happened but it's only been a few days. I'll keep you all posted on how this system works.
Posted by amanda morse at 11:58 PM